Thursday, November 27, 2014

Give Thanks to God on Thanksgiving with these 4 Prayers!

It's Thanksgiving Day here in the United States, a time to stop our hectic lives and give thanks for all the blessings we have.



Who are we to give thanks to? Of course, we ought to thank the people who make our lives so blessed, but more than anyone we ought to thank He who made us, everyone we love, and everything we know. God. To help us do so, I wanted to collect a few of our best Catholic prayers of thanksgiving here for you to use today (each with a link to the full prayer in Latin and English and a little reflection I wrote last Thanksgiving on each).





I hope you have a blessed Thanksgiving Day. One full of love, family, laughter, and prayer! And don't forget gluttony is still a sin ;).

May God bless you all abundantly.

And don't be this guy...


5 comments:

  1. Interesting blog. I appreciate the prayers and since you made them available, I will use them soon. The only thing, who is the guy in the picture? Is this a real person or someone you know? It almost feels the guy in the picture is being publicly ridiculed.
    Check out this one and let me know your thoughts.....http://mrtsustaita.blogspot.com/2014/11/give-thanksgiving.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Tommy,

    The picture is a standard one used to generate memes. I found this particular men on www.CatholicMemes.com. I'm not entirely sure how the picture was originally uploaded - whether it is a "stock image" or a model or something else. I certainly wouldn't want to "publicly ridicule" anyone.

    I like your blog post on Thanksgiving, especially the prayer at the end. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. For sure! Let me know if you find any other blog of mine interesting or in need of revision

    ReplyDelete