Friday, October 18, 2013

Life - October 18, 2013

The  Source and Summit


This week is looking like the High Latin Mass in the 62 rite. We've discussed heading down to the local Cathedral, something we've never done, but I don't see that happening this week.

The Job

Managed to get a few sales in this week (about 6 pieces or so), which isn't too bad. Not my best week ever, nor my worst. There are times, like this week, when the burden of self-employment weights on me. During those times, I try to thank God for the good things about working from home, like being able to pick my son up from kindergarten. That usually helps me break out of the doldrums being broke can put me into.

The Kids

#1 got a concussion at the Natural History Museum early this week. That was a nightmare. Thank the Lord he is okay. #2, with his brother being home most of the week, was particularly naughty, which was trying. #3 is still working on walking farther and farther.

The Wife

Had another RCIA class this week. I didn't get to go this time.

The Future

Nothing.

The Internet


I've done some blog reading and facebook checking in the mornings and at night, otherwise I've been cutting back on wasting time on the net.


CCD

No class this week.

Continuing Ed

I'm considering getting certified as a Master Catechist by my diocese. It would take 4 classes, each lasting 6 weeks with one class each week. It might be something worth doing, especially if I don't ever get off my lazy butt and try for the MA in theology.

What I'm Reading

The Lord of the Rings by J.R.R. Tolkien
A Father who Keeps His Promises by Dr. Scott Hahn
If your mind wanders at Mass by Thomas Howard
A Primer of Ecclesiastical Latin by John F. Collins
The Bible - Genesis, Gospel of John, Proverbs, & Psalms

What I'm Watching

Agents of SHIELD - I'm starting to wain on this one.
The Blacklist
Around the Horn
Pawn Stars
 30 for 30 on ESPN

What I'm Listening to

Mozart
The Local Catholic Radio Station
Catholic Answers Live
And I pulled out an old CD from my youth, Late Registration by Kayne West - a blast from the past for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment